- I went to Tom Stafford’s 80th birthday party. It was an amazing night. I met a TON of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo astronauts. The first man on the moon and the last man on the moon both flirted with me… it pretty much made my life.
- I survived my first semester at OSU. They say the first semester is the hardest, and I would have to agree. It was definitely tough, but I loved it. I’m blessed with an AMAZING boss, and wonderful co-workers. Plus, I am eternally grateful to have Bobbi Kay Lewis in my life. She’s a wonderful research collaborator and friend.
- I love OKC, and am finally starting to get plugged in with people.
- For the first time in a long time, my back and shoulders feel decent. There was a point this fall that I couldn’t turn my neck, but I am actually getting better. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m in love with my chiropractor (Dr. Nordstrom) and massage therapist (Nicole Powers). They rock my world. If you need their contact info, let me know.
- I’m working on a NASA research grant to get urban and rural kids interested in math & science. OG&E is sponsoring $10,000 of the grant... which is absolutely amazing. When they called to let me know, I about flipped out. It was such an unbelievable moment. OG&E rocks.
- Consolidating student loans is the best idea EVER.
- Dad has cancer, but we are going to beat it.
And the most important thing of all? I got closure.
The moment was bittersweet, but I got it, and I can move on. What's more important is I want (and am ready) to move on. After getting your heart trampled on, you're never really sure if you'll ever be ready. But I am. The whole process has made me stronger and has given me a better appreciation for the life God has given me.
Closure: it's a good thing.