Include an introductory paragraph that introduces the PR professional, including title and company, educational background, etc. Mention your connection to the professional (how you found him/her) and how you conducted the interview (face-to-face, phone or webcam). Include a photo of your interviewee. (This can be a photo he or she provides or one that you take yourself.) This will be analyzed for not only grammar and AP style, but also depth of the questions and analysis of the interview. This assignment will be a minimum of 500 words. When you turn in the assignment, you’ll also need to provide me with the professional’s contact information (name, title, company, phone number and e-mail address).
Some questions & topics you may wish to ask:
· What’s a typical week like? (If no week is typical, then what was last week like?)
· Tell me about a project you worked on that you are especially proud of.
· What do you do to keep current in the PR industry?
· What do you wish you would have known before starting your career in PR?
· How important is writing in your career?
· What three tips would you offer someone just starting out in PR?
· After interviewing this person, are you (the student, not the practitioner) more or less likely to want to have a career in PR? Why?
· What do you do if you (or your client) encounters a crisis?
· Are the answers you got from the PR pro what you thought they would be?
· Did your education prepare you for working in PR? How?
· What has surprised you the most about working in PR?
· How has PR changed since you entered the field?
· How does technology affect your daily work?
· When your company is hiring for an entry-level PR position, what makes a candidate stand out?
· What professional organizations are you involved in? (For example, PRSA, IABC, etc.)
· Ask for feedback on your resume
· More informational interview questions
EXTRA CREDIT: For additional credit, you can post this interview on your blog, (If you don’t I’m happy to help you set one up.) include links to the pro’s company and/or linkedin, and photo of the pro. You can also conduct the interview using Skype and two webcams, or record the interview with Vodburner, and then post the interview at your blog.